I always make a mental list, but never write anything down. Probably because 'New Year's Resolutions' seems so formal, strict and unforgiving if you fail.
So I take my mental notes, then March rolls around I have nothing tangible holding me responsible. This year, I've decided to write down my goals for the new year. I've broken them up into two sections: myself & our home.
- drink more water
- read at least 2 books per month
- make three vegetarian meals per week, one of them being carb-free
- try a new recipe once a week
- start a savings account
- practice yoga at least once every other week, if not more
- become more patient
- become more comfortable with allowing things that shouldn't bother me roll off my shoulders
For our house:
- paint all the trim white
- paint the kitchen cabinets
- finish painting the doors (this is actually almost done just need to finish a few doors!)
- finish the laundry room
- install new shelving in the laundry room
There are my goals for 2013. Did you set goals for yourself?
Miley's jumping for joy over the arrival of 2013.
Ok, so maybe it's just because she loves snow so much and she was loving that Russ was shoveling snow and then tossing the snow at her.