2013 Goal Updates: February
- drink more water: with the exception of the last two days of the month, I did well. The 27th we traveled by car to Texas which was roughly a 13 hour drive, so my intake of liquids diminished significantly. I don't want to think about how many times we would have had to stop if I would have drank as much water as usual!
- read at least 2 books per month: big.fat.negative. The Cleopatra book is becoming more of a dread read rather than an enjoyable one. I HATE quitting books once I've started them, but it's becoming obvious that I either need to just buck up and read or move on.
- make three vegetarian meals per week, one of them being carb-free: Continued to do pretty well with this, although the last week of February I was pretty sick so eating became "whatever I feel like I can keep down/enjoy" rather than more of a healthy options.
- try a new recipe once a week:
- Valentine's Rice Krispies Treats: I had never made rice crispy treats before (I KNOW!) so I count this as a new one!
- Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks: Yum yum! I have to admit I really enjoyed these and didn't miss them being fried at all!
- Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps: Go make these, now! They were so delicious that just writing about them right now makes me want to make them again very, very soon! I did make them with beef (which is what it calls for) but I'm going to sub turkey the next time to lighten it up even more.
- Tuna Rigatoni with Sun-dried Tomatoes: Delicious - although I added some extra tuna to beef it up just a smidgen more.
- Chiptole Taco Salad: The recipe calls for chicken but I left it out so it was one of our vegetarian meals.
- practice yoga at least once every other week, if not more: did this, but barely. I got sick the last week of February and then we traveled so the last half of the month was pretty bad (if not completely lacking) exercise. Thankfully I did well during the beginning and middle.
- become more patient: ehhh...working on it.
- become more comfortable with allowing things that shouldn't bother me roll of my shoulders: can't say that I have gotten any better at this.
For our house:
- paint all the trim white: negative.
- paint the kitchen cabinets: nope - but I've started looking up tutorials and gathering information to prep!
- finish painting the doors: nope.
- finishing the laundry room: shhheshh...no. We did clean out our basement and laundry room and have started to create a garage sale/donation pile, so we're moving in the right direction.
- install new shelving in the laundry room: nope.
For myself: ehhhh...could be much better, but could be worse as well. Looking forward to March.
For our house: I'm realizing that I set pretty lofty goals for the house and that they probably won't get checked off the list until Spring or Summer. That's ok with me, we're still working on little things as we go (like finishing the guest bedroom) so it's not like we're not doing anything.