Five Things I Have A Passion For
- My Family - Moving away from home gave me a huge dose of home sickness and made me realize how I wouldn't want to live that far away from them again.
- My Friends - You know the saying, "A man is known by the company he keeps"? Well, I have really come to believe this and while it has been difficult at times I do feel that it has only made me better as a person. The people I surround myself with today are genuine, loving, unselfish and inspire me to become a better person every day. I can't thank them enough for being in my life.
- Miley - Since we don't have any human babies, Miley is like our child. I realize I'm one of those dog-Mom's, but I don't care.
- My Home - Russ & I purchased our first home just about a year and one month ago. It's been fun making it our home and working together on projects. It's definitely not fun all of the time, but knowing that the changes we see are because of our (and sometimes our families!) hard work is so rewarding!
- Food - I love food. Like, a lot. I love to eat it, read about it, watch movies/shows about it, and prepare it! I really started developing a love and passion for food within the last 3 years and it's become an activity that I find very therapeutic. The best part of preparing food for me is serving it to loved ones and friends - seeing them enjoy it is worth the effort (and any misfortunes I may have encountered!) along the way.
Five Things I'd Like To Do Before I Die
- Skydive. It's always been something I've wanted to do, although I would probably chicken out right before I'm told to jump.
- Hike Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. Russ & I wanted to do this on our trip to CA this year, but the timing wasn't in our favor, plus we weren't able to get the permits to hike the final portion to the summit. We've made a promise to ourselves to go back, hike Half Dome and do some backpacking along the way.
- Swim with dolphins.
- Start a family.
- Travel around the US in a camper. My family vacation in California sparked this desire. Then we met a retired couple from Florida that was spending the summer traveling around the US (they were in CA and headed back to Florida) and I thought I would really like to do that!
Five Books and/or Magazines I've Read Lately
- Gone Girl. So weird. So many mixed emotions about it.
- Martha Stewart Living. I get ridiculously excited every time it arrives in my mailbox.
- Inferno. I'm almost finished with this book (written by Dan Brown) - a little drawn out for me at times but still a great read and I can't wait to find out what happens in the end!
- Real Simple. Another magazine I look forward to opening my mailbox for.
- Summer Sisters. Written by Judy Blume and a great fast, beach read.
Five Favorite Movies
- The Little Mermaid. Always and forever.
- Meet Joe Black. The soundtrack, love, beauty...I can never get enough.
- Bridesmaids. Still laughing over it.
- Silver Linings Playbook. Such a strong movie - with both the characters and message behind it. I may be a little biased since Russ is in the psychiatry field, but even if he wasn't, I believe this would be a top movie for me.
- 8 1/2. An Italian classic that some may consider weird (which, ok, it is at times), but I really love the film along with the actor, Marcello Mastroianni.
Five Places I'd Love To Travel To
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Capri, Italy
- New Zealand
- Paris, France
Five People I Tag- Whit @ Whitticisms: a three b journey
- Brittany @ Brittany Garner: Life & Design
- Kelly @ Keeping Up With Kelly & Co.
- Amber @ Dockside Love
- Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight