I'm freaking out just a bit that it's the first day of August. When did June and July go and disappear? They say 'time flies when you're having fun', so I take it that we're living up summer the best we can. I really feel we have been! August is going to be no different with every weekend having an event. I can't complain - it keeps me from becoming bored but I'm afraid I'm going to be left wishing we would have had a few lazy summer days! The weekends on our calendar are booked with...
- My cousin Annaliese and I are going to Kansas City to see Taylor Swift! I've been wanting to see her in concert for years and I'm so looking forward to Saturday!
- For my birthday weekend Russ & I are going to watch Inter Milan play soccer against Real Madrid in St. Louis with our friends Chelsea and Andy - they went to the Chelsea vs Manchester City soccer match with us at Busch Stadium and we had so much fun. Plus, they moved from Columbia to St. Louis earlier this summer so we can't wait to spend time with them!
- Russ' Dad is in a band and they are playing a concert on the following Saturday (crossing my fingers for some nice weather)
- A St. Louis Cardinal's baseball game (my "paper" anniversary gift to Russ was tickets - not creative, I know, but I knew he would love it) although they better step up their game if they want me to cheer for them...
- VACATION. Yup, round two is coming up and I cannot wait!
What do you have going on in August?
Oh, and August is my (and Russ'!) birthday month (the 9th I'll be turning old) and my sweet friend Kasey kicked off my birthday month with such a sweet and fun gift! It's like she knows exactly what I love! It arrived in the mail yesterday but couldn't wait to open it :)
(July Goals recap coming tomorrow!)